Monday, March 20, 2006

AIR GUITAR NATION wins audience award at SXSW!


Just back from Austin TX where I ate more BBQ and drank more beer than I thought was humanly possible in one week.

I also played a lot of air guitar.

Highlights:
1. Seeing a dead guy in a parking lot on our drive into downtown from the airport.
2. Reuniting with 2-time world champ, Zac "The Magnet" Monro.
3. Reuniting with my age-old nemesis C-Diddy.
4. Seeing the premiere of the amazing documentary, AIR GUITAR NATION, with a packed house
5. The AIREOKE after party, where local fave Johnny Walker played air guitar whilst hung upside down from a fence. (Check out photos from the Dallas Morning News).
6. Getting spotted by a doctor in the emergency room at 6:30am who told me, "That was a great film!"
7. Partying down with all The Magical Elves rock star style in the suite at the Intercontinental; Teddy Ruckspin walking out with a cheeseburger in hand at 4am.
8. Hearing Slater Kinney cover Danzig's "Mother" at the film fest closing party.
9. Getting a great review on Aint it Cool News and Pop Matters
10. WINNING THE AUDIENCE AWARD and beating out the Pixies and Beastie Boys documentaries!!

Damn. The whole thing was too much to be believed.

5 comments:

Marika said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marika said...

Sounds GREAT! Congratulations for the Audience Award guys! I wish I would've been there...There you were all united and here I was eating butter paneer masala and hanging out with peacocks and elephants...Hugs!
Marika

Lisa Comrie said...

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Congrats on the audience award!

See you at the USA Championships in a few months.

-- Lisa
(C Diddy's "roadie")

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»